Nymphenburg porcelain dating marks
Royal Nymphenburg is the modern name for the Nymphenburg porcelain factory, which was established at Neudeck-ob-der-Au, Germany, in 1753 and moved to Nymphenburg in 1761.From 1888 until 1975, when it was transferred to Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds, Royal Nymphenburg was managed by the Bauml family The company is still in existence.
Since our website is synchronized with the USPTO data, we recommend making any data changes with the USPTO directly.In the 20th century much of the success was owed to the Bustelli pieces Nymphenburg once again reproduced but also to some new artists like Kaerner whose animal pieces are some of the most amazing models in the world of porcelain.The Art Nouveau era brought an abundance of new pieces which show the reason why Nymphenburg is known as one of the best makers out there.The porcelain was made as presentation ware for the local nobility and was of significantly higher quality than most of that exported to Western markets.Nabeshima was characterised by sophisticated decoration and limited shapes, particularly in the first half of the 18th C.It was called white gold because of the wealth it brought to those areas.
At first production was restricted to factories set up by the German aristocracy as the capital needed for the initial technology was so enormous.
Marks include a checkered shield topped by a crown, a crowned
Japanese porcelain made at Okawachi, 5 miles north of Arita.
Nabeshima is the name of a Japanese prince who founded the Nabeshima kilns at the end of the 17th C.
Much of the decoration was outlined in underglaze blue and filled with overglaze enamels.