skip to content »

centr-geoteh.ru

Polycom phone stuck at updating initial configuration

If a new update is available LPE devices will wait for a certain period of inactivity on the phone and then automatically download, waiting again for more idle time before rebooting itself to complete the process.VVX devices operate in the same way but also offer two important improvements: (1) the inactivity timeout is configurable and (2) when a new update is available the device will prompt the user to install it immediately if desired, or defer if not.

polycom phone stuck at updating initial configuration-17polycom phone stuck at updating initial configuration-80

The phone will display "Updating Initial configuration" for quite some time and then display the error "Error loading 0004f215db82.cfg" and restart then do it all over again. Though, I did try that and it still didn't work.Next, i downloaded the Filezilla server from get direct link atm, sorry!) and created a new user and pointed it to that folder.In LPE it is not possible to control the update behavior in this manner and it is all automatic.Note that this article is quite lengthy as the entire process is described in detail, accompanied by various log entries and other examples.At time of this writing, Grandstream GXP-2000's are around $105, and Polycom 501's are around $190.

The Polycom 501's do have more and easier-to-get-to functionality than the GXP-2000's, and have a more professional look and feel (and a great speakerphone), but the most notable downsides of the 501 are its awful, obtuse and slow configuration interfaces.

The update behavior of the VVX phones is very similar to that of Lync Phone Edition, yet is even more flexible.

For LPE devices the update service is queried immediately after the initial registration and then again after a hard-coded period of time.

I can't seem to find a way to reset anything back to defaults and am stuck at this point. We are not currently auto-provisioning these phones, I've just manually inputted the PBX IP and inputted my extension & password and it has been working fine.

I went to check something in the settings and don't even recall making changes, though, when I rebooted it, it now does what's listed above. I'll try to get TFTP setup and see if I can't make this work.

Also the firmware was packaged differently in the previous SIP versions as the device firmware was provided as two separate binary files, the bootloader image and the application image.